Way back in 2011, one medical study found that cannabidiol could reduce social anxiety. On the other hand, some are also under impression that it has harmful effects and might affect the brain. Do doctors think that CBD is the remedy to cure stress and anxiety? Lets put the missing puzzles together by considering CBD-based products as a standalone product. CBD has anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects in an animal model; it was revealed in the research conducted in 2014.
CBD-based products come in a variety of forms like CBD Oil, CBD Gummies, capsules, tinctures, etc. But, the billion-dollar question is are they worth? Do they really solve health problems?
Cbd-Based Products And Their Medical Science
Most of the research related to CBD is in its early stage only. However, this blog intends to present the most impactful medicinal facts that everyone should know – be it a healthcare provider or a consumer. CBD that is extracted from other cannabis plants is still illegal on the federal level but the purified version of one CBD medication, for a precise therapeutic purpose is been approved.
Did You Know:
In June 2018, the Food and Drug Administration approved the first cannabis-derived drug — Epidiolex, which contains purified CBD — to treat certain rare childhood seizure syndromes.
Medicinal Pros Of Cbd-Based Products
CBD comes from cannabis plants, depending upon the levels of THC, they are either referred to as Marijuana or Hemp. Hemp plants containing less than 0.3% THC are legal under the Farm Bill. These hemp plants are used to create CBD-based products.
Some of the most commonly known health benefits of CBD-based products are enlisted below:
- CBD contains non-psychoactive content which could provide a new treatment to relieve stiffness or chronic pain.
- Mood related symptoms like stress, anxiety, insomnia are also cured by CBD.
- Even, CBD can combat cancer too. The correct dosage of CBD oil helps in suppressing the growth of cancer cells. In turn, it aids to heal the patient from a disease like cancer.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, Type 1 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s – these diseases not only affect mood and thinking but can also damage cognition and brain. However, CBD-based products can help lessen the severity of these diseases too.
Read More: A beginner’s guide to using CBD for improving health
Medicinal Cons Of Cbd-Based Products
Research confirms that long-term exposure to THC can have a harmful impact on both cognition and memory. However, none of these long-term studies have yet been performed with CBD. This lack of clarity makes it more difficult for healthcare providers and medical professionals to recommend its use.
Some of the most commonly known health-related cons of CBD-based products are enlisted below:
- Side effects of CBD consumption could be reduced appetite, reduced urination, breathing problems, gastrointestinal issues, liver problems, and at times irritability and lethargy
- The correct amount of CBD to be consumed for tolerability is still in its research stage.
- Consistency and quality of CBD products are still a question mark. Not all products are created equally, with contamination as well as mislabelling being a commonplace.
- The popularity of CBD is increasing in the health and wellness arena, which has given an unwanted rise in an array of unregulated CBD products
A person should look up the CBD laws in their state and anywhere they travel. Since the nonprescribed CBD products do not have FDA approval, be aware of them. It is advisable to consult a doctor or physician who has experience with CBD-based products to determine the right dosage. The correct dosage of CBD is a promising treatment for numerous forms of anxiety, including social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.